Good evening all members in GIS club . I need help to solve this problem in my assignment with my best regard.
GIS Assignment 1 - GIS design and analysis
An organisation called Trees Galore Inc. is involved in the lucrative tree farming business in the southwest of Western Australia. In particular, the Giblett region has been identified as a potential region for tree farming. You have been approached by this firm to assist in determining suitable locations for tree farming in the Giblett region. After some initial discussions with their representatives, the following criteria have been defined for selecting suitable sites:
• Must not impinge on high scenic areas.
• May not encroach on Karri forest areas.
• At least 200 meters from major rivers and streams (class 2 and 3 waterways).
• Accessible by road.
• At least 10 hectares in size for any one single site.
The investment returns are approximately $6000 per hectare for sites north of Waistcoat Road (Class 1 road running east-west through the region) and $5500 per hectare for sites south of the road. For forested areas, a further $1500 per hectare return is envisaged due to selling (including clearing and processing) existing trees.
Your task is to define and prioritise sites suitable for tree farming in the region (using ArcGIS) and present a report to Trees Galore, outlining your analyses and findings. As part of your report, you must produce a map showing the potential sites and their priorities. Choose an appropriate classification for presenting the priorities and be sure to provide suitable symbology and annotation. The report must be properly structured and presented (eg. table of contents, introduction, body, conclusion, appendices).
The report must outline and explain your solution, both at a general level (use a general structure chart providing a broad overview to assist in your explanation) and at a detailed level (use a detailed structure chart to assist in your explanation). Your detailed explanation must NOT simply list the commands used, but must explain how you obtained the solution, describe any problems encountered, and discuss the accuracy and quality of your solution.